The food processor is capable of several useful and amazing feats in the kitchen. Before using the food processor, you must however know some important things regarding how to make the most of this modern marvel. Generally, you must carefully read the instruction manual of your food processor as each brand and each product is different and has its own advantages and disadvantages. The results are likely to be better if you do as the manufacturer recommends. Below are some general tips for using the food processor:
- For processing soft foods such as tomatoes use a light pressure while for using harder foods like potatoes and carrots, use a firmer pressure.
- Avoid grinding too hard items as it would damage the blade or motor of your processor.
- For processing cheese, first refrigerate it for ten to twenty minutes. Firm and well chilled cheese would yield the best results.
- For achieving the best results and ensuring the safety of your processor, lightly pack the food tube.
- Generally, the food processor would require to rest for a minute after every minute of operating.
- While processing juicy foods, it’s best to slow down the speed of the processor.
- It’s good to sharpen the food processor’s blades and in case they become damaged or dull, replace them immediately.
- While whipping cream in your food processor, first ensure whether the food processor is capable of doing so or not. If your food processor does not has the speed for making good peaks, use a hand mixer instead.
- Dust nuts with a bit of flour before chopping them in the processor. This would prevent the nuts from sticking to the processor.
- You must use the right speed and the right blade for the specific task. For instance:
- For slicing apples, cucumbers, and mushrooms, use the slicer disc on low speed.
- For julienne vegetables, use the slicer disc on high speed.
- For chopping nuts and mincing vegetables, use the S-blade on low speed.
- For chopping meat and pureeing cooked foods, use the S-blade on high speed. If you are pureeing cooked food for your baby and want a specialized food processor for preparing baby food specifically, baby food processor would be the right gadget for you.
- For chopping cabbage, use the shredder disc on low speed.
- For processing firm cheese, use the shredder disc on high speed.
Using your processor in the right way could yield the best results and could tremendously aid in preparing food. If you do not have a food processor and are planning to have one best food processor, Choossefoodprocessor.com is the right source for viewing the expert ratings, reviews and plenty of other information related to food processors.